Doan Law Firm is here to protect you from creditor harassment. As soon as you retain our representation, you can rest assured that no more creditors will be legally able to contact you, and we will do everything in our power to defend that right. That means no more emails, letters, phone calls, text messages or other forms of harassing communications. Doesn’t that sound like a breath of fresh air?
It doesn’t take much to stop creditor harassment, but it starts with contacting us. Then the simple series of steps will continue as follows:
1. Sign and Send Cease and Desist Letters (CDs) by Certified Mail with Return Receipt Requested – Once you’ve sent this letter to your creditors, along with a copy to our firm, you are officially requesting that creditors quit harassing you. With our legal representation, they are required to adhere to the request. This step should even be completed if you are planning on filing for bankruptcy immediately, in case of any unforeseen delays.
Do not send CDs to creditors for assets such as homes and cars you wish to keep. We should be able to help you keep these assets with a consistent monthly payment plan.
2. Begin Keeping Track of Creditor Harassment – Once you have signed and sent the Cease and Desist letters, you should begin keeping a Communication Log, which our office will provide, that tracks any and all communications from your creditors. Since the certified letter legally mandates that they stop harassing you, it’s vital that you keep this log so we can protect you. Even automated calls to your cell phone should stop once you’ve retained our services and started the bankruptcy process, so include these in your log, as well. It’s even easier if you simply ask for copies of your cell phone records through a free online account.
3. Let Your Creditors Know We’re Representing You – After sending out the Cease and Desist letters and starting your creditor harassment logs, the next step is to answer all phone calls, as often as possible, from your creditors and make sure they know we’re representing you and how to contact us. Then all future correspondences can go through us, not you. You should continue to note all correspondence between you and your creditors, including detailed accounts of all statements you make to them, in your log.
In a Nutshell, always remember the four “R’s:”
1) REMEMBER: Remember to log the time,date,name, phone number of the call.
2) REFUSE: “I refuse to pay this debt since I am filing for Bankruptcy Protection.”
3) RETAIN: “I have now retained Attorneys at Doan Law.”
4) REFRAIN: “Please refrain from any future communications with me.”
Once you’ve retained our services, you will have the protection of experts and the guidance of experienced professionals. We are here to help. It is especially important that you contact us AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if you have received at least 5 communications from any one of your creditors within 10 days of sending out the Cease and Desist letters. Why, you ask? Because this is against the law. We can make it stop and recover a settlement in most cases.
We are prepared to fight for your rights. We have sued and won against creditors many times on behalf of our clients, and we can do the same for you. Last year, we collected more than $600,000 from creditors for our clients. At the very least, we can make the harassment stop and help you sleep at night.
For further information regarding our firm please CLICK HERE. Hablamos Espanol.